So you've decided to create a fan page on Facebook to connect with your audience. The following is a tutorial for getting started.
From there, you'll be presented with a myriad of categories, pictured below.
- Local Business or Place: If you're running a business such as an eatery or a small retail store, this would be the best option for you.
- Company, Organization, or Institution: If you're a media venue, this would be a better choice.
- Brand or Product: Did you create a project? An independent video game? Or just a website? This may be the choice for you.
- Artist, Band, or Public Figure: Running for political office? Want to show off your cat and make them famous? This is the one for you.
- Entertainment: A good category for those with a specific type of publication, such as a magazine or video channel.
- Cause or Community: You'll be able to simply choose the name. Good for charitable organizations or community groups.
In this example, we'll be creating a page called Chrometacular. Since it involves publishing and news covering of a specific variety, Media/News/Publishing is selected under Company, Organization, or Institution.